Shaw Industries Inc Manufacturing Supervisor (Night Shift) in Aiken, South Carolina
Manufacturing Supervisor (Night Shift)
Shaw's facility in Aiken, SC is currently undergoing a $400 million expansion effort which will create more than 300 new jobs in the region, and will support increased production output of both polymer and fiber for Shaw Industries. The facility currently employs over 600 in the greater Augusta region.
The Heatset Manufacturing Supervisor (Night Shift) is responsible for overseeing the associates and production efforts within the Heatset Department of Shaw's Plant 78.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, and is a global leader in delivering carpet, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf, and other specialty products to residential and commercial markets worldwide. We are committed to creating a better future for our customers, our people, our company, and our communities.
· Coordinate with outgoing supervisors on ongoing issues that need to be addressed, and work with shift associates and other supervisors to resolve them
· Coordinate all Line Changes (Setup, Startup, Walk down & EOL according to procedures)
· Perform special instructions left by Department Manager to be carried out on the shift if needed. This also includes communicating any information concerning Supervisor or shift employees. Check email daily and periodically during the shift.
· Coordinate with Twisting Department to ensure proper flow of yarn through Heatset Department.
· Meet with employees during daily pre-shift to cover safety, quality, and other information concerning Heatset Department. Ensure all employee sign off sheets are completed and turned in to Department Manager.
· Ensure all training is completed following SMS training procedures. Evaluate training with trainers and trainees and document on training check sheets.
· Complete any necessary change forms to transfer an employee from an assigned shift to another, to move an employee from one job to another. Inform affected employees of any changes in job assignments
· Attempt to cover open jobs, vacations, or absences on assigned shift through use of call-ins or operators willing to cover from other shifts. Use Voluntary Assignment Form for operators covering each other's job as needed.
· Complete Workforce timekeeping and address exceptions daily.
· Ensure the use of first quality yarn by collaborating with Supervisors, Department Managers, or Q.E. personnel.
· If a yarn mix is found, ensure it is handled according to procedure for mixes.
· If nonconforming yarn is found, handle according to procedure. Have technicians repair any mechanical problems causing yarn defects.
· Prepare to work any additional hours on other shifts as needed to work on special assignments as required by Department Manager.
· Collect all forms from technicians daily and forward to Senior Process Engineer (Heatset).
· Follow up on Weekly Heatset P.M. Work Orders. Ensure that all forms are completed.
· Update Heatset Daily Production Report Spreadsheet
Must possess good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Actively participate in the PRIDE and FIBER Processes (internal).
Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
Plant 78 is a tobacco-free facility.
· Plan & Organize
· Deliver Compelling Communication
· Drive Results
· Build Trusting Relationships
Click here to watch a video job profile for this position. (0:46) (https://vimeo.com/showcase/9468686/video/702095396)
12 Hr rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Act Calendar, shift starts PM, days change only
Shaw Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we might determine the need to postpone in-person interviews to ensure the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and the community. In this case, we can accommodate with a phone or video interview, and will schedule an in-person interview for a later date. The method by which you interview does not impact your standing as a candidate for this position.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is more than a flooring company – we are 22,000 people united in our vision of creating a better future for our customers, for our people, for our community and for our company. We provide carpet, resilient, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf and other specialty items for residential and commercial markets worldwide. We meet diverse customer needs through an expansive portfolio of brands, including: Anderson Tuftex , COREtec , Patcraft , Philadelphia Commercial, Shaw Contract, Shaw Floors, Shaw Hospitality, Shaw Sports Turf, Southwest Greens, USFloors and more.
Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, Shaw is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway with nearly $6 billion in annual revenue and representation throughout the U.S., as well as in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Great Britain, India, Mexico, Scotland, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates. For more information about our company brands, operations and community involvement, visit www.shawinc.com .
If you need any additional assistance or accommodation or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com