Shaw Industries Inc Technical Engineer in Andalusia, Alabama
Responsible and accountable for the Safety, Quality and Productivity of Plant 65. Responsible for re-engineering and redesign efforts including the development of capital/expense projects to support technical innovation. Responsible for process improvement, process innovation and product development
· Performs all job duties using safe work methods and complies with all environmental and safety procedures.
· Improve existing products and processes.
· Communicates technical data/concepts to production areas.
· Develops concepts, design, and economics into viable capital projects.
· Interface with manufacturing departments to address and resolve engineering technical issues.
· Monitors, analyzes, and optimizes process performance.
· Implements, directs, and coordinates process improvement using analytical problem solving, process understanding and product development.
· Implements, directs, and coordinates new product requests.
· Performs audits of the Quality Systems, Process Specification System, and other audits as requested
· Work normally scheduled days and overtime as required.
· Communicates with departments about any processing problems encountered.
· Assist in installation and startup of new machinery and equipment.
· Assists other department personnel as needed.
· Projects & other duties as assigned by Plant Technical.
· Comply with Corporate Absenteeism and Tardiness Policy.
· Build Trusting Relationships
· Deliver Compelling Communication
· Drive Results
· College degree required.
· Must have at least one (1) year of experience in a related field or its equivalent.
· Must possess good interpersonal, communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
· Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and overtime as required.
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts AM
Shaw Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.