Shaw Industries Inc Plant 70 Maintenance | Reliability Electrician IV Shift 1 in Bainbridge, Georgia
Plant 70 Maintenance | Reliability Electrician IV Shift 1
To maintain and ensure capacity of equipment assets in assigned areas of responsibility that impact optimal efficiencies at lowest reasonable cost.
**Positions will be filled as an Electrician II, III, or IV depending on skill level and work experience.
Execution of assigned tasks and duties with focus on:
Safe work practices
High quality, precision work with a customer service orientation in support of
“Great Products & Service”.
Adherence to standards and best practice application acquired through training
and work experience.
Learn and grow in knowledge of maintenance practices and equipment
performance, understanding their impact on manufacturing processes and
Provide feedback on job assignment needs and improvement opportunities with
peers and leadership.
Position Duties & Tasks:
Maintain manufacturing process and support equipment to highest, reasonable
performance levels to include electrical systems including, but not limited to:
· Electrical system components – MCC’s, inverters, motors, etcPLC’s,
· Controls systems – PLC’s robotics, and other associated automation equipment.
Troubleshoot and execute repairs of equipment causing or contributing to safety,
quality, downtime/productivity opportunities and issues:
· Differentiate between cause types when troubleshooting among product, process, mechanicals, and electrical contributors
· Communicate findings, identifying potential causes, and correction steps to operations and maintenance leadership.
· Verify, provide feedback, and update electrical schematics appropriately and in a timely manner.
Execute and assist in development of proactive maintenance plans, including
planned jobs on assigned equipment to include:
· Preventive Maintenance (PM) – inspection and measurement of equipment components for proper function applying specifications, drawings, and written instruction on pre-defined schedules.
· Condition Maintenance (CM) – repair and replacement of components identified as requiring attention through PM & PdM activities based on detailed job plans, including development of detailed job plans and ensuring any necessary updates to schematics are completed.
Execute assigned or scheduled work orders in support of projects and Continuous
Improvement (CI) efforts identified as critical to business objectives.
Mentor Reliability Electrician II’s and III’s in development of needed skills,
while continuing to strengthen personal skills through assisting Reliability
Electrical V’s in installation, upgraded, and removal of general electrical system.
Critical Knowledge and Skills
· Safety practices – LOTO, Confined Space, PPE, Hot Work, PIT, Fall Protection, Hoisting and Rigging
· Calculator and Computer application – work order documentation, parts requisitioning.
· Measurement units, techniques and application of appropriate tools including Process Calibrators, oscilloscope, IR camera, data loggers, and data archival and analysis
· Math skills to include:
o Application of formulas such as current, voltage, etc.
o Conversion of measurement units
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics/prints, updating electrical prints/schematics assigned for modification
· Identification and proper use of tools, focused on selection of the right tool for work assignment application.
· Working knowledge of the Nation Electric Code (NEC).
· Intermediate understanding of e-stop system.
· Intermediate troubleshooting of electrical components such as, but not limited to PLC’s, AC & DC drives, relay logic, single loop controllers, pneumatics & hydraulics.
· Basic understanding of PLC components.
· Ability to create basic to intermediate PLC programs for process and operational control.
· Work Standards
· Solve Problems
· Build Customer Satisfaction
8 hour, day shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we might determine the need to postpone in-person interviews to ensure the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and the community. In this case, we can accommodate with a phone or video interview, and will schedule an in-person interview for a later date. The method by which you interview does not impact your standing as a candidate for this position.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is more than a flooring company – we are 22,000 people united in our vision of creating a better future for our customers, for our people, for our community and for our company. We provide carpet, resilient, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf and other specialty items for residential and commercial markets worldwide. We meet diverse customer needs through an expansive portfolio of brands, including: Anderson Tuftex , COREtec , Patcraft , Philadelphia Commercial, Shaw Contract, Shaw Floors, Shaw Hospitality, Shaw Sports Turf, Southwest Greens, USFloors and more.
Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, Shaw is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway with nearly $6 billion in annual revenue and representation throughout the U.S., as well as in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Great Britain, India, Mexico, Scotland, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates. For more information about our company brands, operations and community involvement, visit www.shawinc.com .
If you need any additional assistance or accommodation or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com