Shaw Industries Inc Reliability Tech Lead - 1st Shift in Chatsworth, Georgia
Reliability Tech Lead - 1st Shift
To maintain, ensure, and improve capacity of equipment assets in assigned areas of responsibility that impact optimal efficiencies at lowest reasonable cost, while leading and influencing direct and indirect reliability resources.
Execution of assigned tasks and duties with focus on:
· Safe work practices.
· High quality, precision work with a customer service orientation in support of “Great Products & Service”
· Adherence to standards and best practice application acquired through training and work experience.
· Lead plant reliability resources in execution of work and develop those resources through sharing maintenance knowledge and mentoring.
· Provide feedback on job assignment needs and improvement opportunities with peers and leadership.
· Serve as a relief maintenance/reliability supervisor.
· Maintain manufacturing process and support equipment to highest, reasonable performance levels to include mechanical systems including, but not limited to:
· Power transmission components - bearings, pulleys/sheaves, shafts/rollers, couplings, sprockets, chains, belts, motors, and gearboxes.
· Conveyance systems – product/process related, as well as those tied to utilities such as steam, water, air, electricity, etc. which could include pumps, piping, etc.
· Mechanical control systems - including related hydraulic & pneumatic elements
· Troubleshoot and execute repairs of equipment causing or contributing to safety, quality, downtime/productivity opportunities and issues
· Communicate findings, identifying root causes, and correction steps to operations and maintenance leadership.
· Maintain lift truck fleet for Plants 9 and WE.
Execute and assist in development of proactive maintenance plans, including planned jobs on assigned equipment to include:
· Preventive Maintenance (PM) - inspection & measurement of equipment components for proper function, including replacement of components on pre-defined schedules and lubrication.
· Predictive Maintenance (PdM) – analysis of data from PdM measurements collected from IR, Oil Analysis, and Ultrasound including development of corrective action plans in response to analysis findings when
· Condition Maintenance (CM) – repair and replacement of components identified as requiring attention through PM & PdM activities, including the development of detailed job plans.
· Assign and schedule work orders and labor in support of maintenance/reliability activities.
· Mentor other reliability positions within the facility.
· Install and startup of new equipment.
· Support innovation related activities.
· Safety practices - LOTO, Confined Space, PPE, PIT, Fall Protection, Hoisting & Rigging, and Hot Work
· Calculator and Computer application – work order documentation, parts requisitioning
· Measurement units, techniques and application of appropriate tools
· Math skills to include
· Application of formulas such as area, volume, etc.
· Conversion of measurement units
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics, as well as contribute to the revision and creation of schematics for systems
· Identification and selection of proper tools, focused on selection of the right tool for work assignment application.
· Identification and selection of the correct material types used in construction and fabrication.
· Advanced fabrication skills used in project work, including design, project planning, and execution for systems such as power transmission, plumbing/piping, and process equipment installation.
· Ability to execute root cause analysis evaluations on equipment and process failures, focusing on solution creation to eliminate or lessen exposure from future similar failure modes.
· Interpret, analyze results, and build action plans for identified issues from PdM tool application, specifically from IR, Oil Analysis, & Ultrasound.
Build Customer Satisfaction
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts AM
Shaw Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we might determine the need to postpone in-person interviews to ensure the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and the community. In this case, we can accommodate with a phone or video interview, and will schedule an in-person interview for a later date. The method by which you interview does not impact your standing as a candidate for this position.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is more than a flooring company – we are 22,000 people united in our vision of creating a better future for our customers, for our people, for our community and for our company. We provide carpet, resilient, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf and other specialty items for residential and commercial markets worldwide. We meet diverse customer needs through an expansive portfolio of brands, including: Anderson Tuftex , COREtec , Patcraft , Philadelphia Commercial, Shaw Contract, Shaw Floors, Shaw Hospitality, Shaw Sports Turf, Southwest Greens, USFloors and more.
Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, Shaw is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway with nearly $6 billion in annual revenue and representation throughout the U.S., as well as in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Great Britain, India, Mexico, Scotland, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates. For more information about our company brands, operations and community involvement, visit www.shawinc.com .
If you need any additional assistance or accommodation or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com