Shaw Industries Inc Reliability Tech B - 1st Shift in Chickamauga, Georgia
Reliability Tech B - 1st Shift
To maintain and ensure the capacity of equipment assets in assigned areas of responsibility that impact optimal efficiencies at the lowest reasonable cost.
Execution of assigned tasks and duties with a focus on:
Safe work practices
High quality, precision work with a customer service orientation in support of “Great Products & Service”
Adherence to standards and best practice application acquired through training and work experience
Grow in knowledge of maintenance practices and equipment performance, understanding their impact on manufacturing processes and business objectives
Provide feedback on job assignment needs and improvement opportunities with peers and leadership
POSITION DUTIES & TASKS:
Maintain manufacturing process and support equipment to highest, reasonable performance levels to include mechanical systems including, but not limited to:
· Power transmission components - bearings, pulleys/sheaves, shafts/rollers, couplings, sprockets, chains, belts, motors, and gearboxes.
· Conveyance systems – product/process related, as well as those tied to utilities such as steam, water, air, electricity, etc. which could include pumps, piping, etc.
· Mechanical control systems - including related hydraulic & pneumatic elements
Troubleshoot and execute repairs of equipment causing or contributing to safety, quality, downtime/productivity opportunities and issues
o Communicate findings, identify potential causes, and correct steps to operations and maintenance leadership
Execute and provide feedback on proactive maintenance plans on assigned equipment to include:
· Preventive Maintenance (PM) - inspection & measurement of equipment components for proper function, including replacement of components on pre-defined schedules and lubrication
· Predictive Maintenance (PdM) – inspection and measurement of equipment performance applying Infrared Thermography, collection of oil samples for outside analysis, and basic ultrasound measurement with audible evaluation
· Condition Maintenance (CM) – repair and replacement of components identified as requiring attention through PM & PdM activities, including influence in the development of detailed job plans
Execute assigned or scheduled work orders in support of projects and process improvement (PI) efforts identified as critical to business objectives
Mentor Reliability Techs C & D in development of needed skills, while continuing to strengthen personal skills through assisting Reliability Tech A’s and Leads in installation and removal of general mechanical systems
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Safety practices - LOTO, Confined Space, PPE, Hot Work, PIT, Fall Protection, Hoisting & Rigging, and Hoisting & Rigging
· Calculator and Computer application – work order documentation, parts requisitioning
· Measurement units, techniques, and application of appropriate tools
· Math skills to include
o Application of formulas such as area, volume, etc.
o Conversion of measurement units
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics and make simple sketches
· Identification and selection of proper tools focused on selection of the right tool for work assignment application
· Selection and development of lubrication schedules, including application methods and systems
· Power transmission system and component removal and installation techniques and procedures
· Plumbing/piping conveyance system and component removal and installation techniques and procedures
· Precision alignment techniques for direct-coupled elements, including laser alignment
· Basic fabrication skills including knowledge of welding and cutting techniques and tools
· Intermediate troubleshooting techniques of mechanical systems, understanding electrical interactions
· Common cause failure modes and correction of in mechanical systems
· Work Standards
· Solve Problems
· Build Customer Satisfaction
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts AM
Shaw Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we might determine the need to postpone in-person interviews to ensure the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and the community. In this case, we can accommodate with a phone or video interview, and will schedule an in-person interview for a later date. The method by which you interview does not impact your standing as a candidate for this position.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is more than a flooring company – we are 22,000 people united in our vision of creating a better future for our customers, for our people, for our community and for our company. We provide carpet, resilient, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf and other specialty items for residential and commercial markets worldwide. We meet diverse customer needs through an expansive portfolio of brands, including: Anderson Tuftex , COREtec , Patcraft , Philadelphia Commercial, Shaw Contract, Shaw Floors, Shaw Hospitality, Shaw Sports Turf, Southwest Greens, USFloors and more.
Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, Shaw is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway with nearly $6 billion in annual revenue and representation throughout the U.S., as well as in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Great Britain, India, Mexico, Scotland, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates. For more information about our company brands, operations and community involvement, visit www.shawinc.com .
If you need any additional assistance or accommodation or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com