Shaw Industries Inc HR Training Manager II in Dalton, Georgia
HR Training Manager II
Position Overview: The Training Manager serves as the primary leader for developing, implementing, managing, measuring, and improving training and development systems within the plant in order to positively drive organizational performance results, including associate satisfaction and core work team performance.
● Works closely with the Plant Leadership Team to identify and develop a strategy for Training & Development that is consistent with the overall objectives of the facility.
● Conduct needs/gap analysis, and collaboration with department managers and team managers throughout the facility to determine and define training needs.
● Collaborates with the plant Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) team to continually update EHS training content and provide awareness training.
● Responsible for attaining plant-specific monthly training goals and measuring the success and effectiveness of the training.
● Continuously looks to improve training and development at all levels within the plant by staying up-to-date on training best practices and adult learning trends.
● In collaboration with the leadership team and SLA business partners, creates an energetic and engaging learning environment across the facility while ensuring we work toward improving knowledge; skills and behaviors needed to drive business results.
● Designs and develops customized training and content curriculums using methods such as the ADDIE model to address identified knowledge and performance gaps specific to the facility.
● Coordinates specific training by securing internal and/or external trainers; partners with the Shaw Learning Academy and divisional training resources for implementation of facility programs such as new associate assimilation, on-the-job training, health and safety practices, management development, changes in policies, and procedures and technologies.
● Practices business acumen and ensures training team alignment with larger organizational goals and plant initiatives.
● Facilitates plant-specific training programs for associates at all levels.
● Develops training and performance metrics of training programs.
● Evaluates effectiveness of training, learning retention, and transfer of knowledge
● Coach and supports training team to further training facilitator development
● Champions High Performance Organization (HPO) principles and analyzes all learning initiatives and systems to ensure that they enhance and reinforce these principles.
● Building Trusting Relationships
● Drive Results
● Coach and Support
● Plan & Organize
● Bachelor’s Degree required
● 1+ years experience managing a team
● Working knowledge of Google applications and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
● Ability to frequently work different shifts (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) and weekends as needed
● Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Learning or Industrial-Organizational Psychology/Development.
● Experience within a manufacturing environment
● Training experience
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts AM
Shaw Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.