Shaw Industries Inc Manufacturing Clerk - 3rd Shift in Dalton, Georgia
Manufacturing Clerk - 3rd Shift
Position Objective: To transport fiber to appropriate areas within Plant DJ using a hyster.
Essential Duties: (Considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge and responsibility)
· Perform daily lift truck inspection and record results on proper paperwork.
· Locate and transport fiber to the necessary area.
· Pull shop order information and assemble the blend and transport the bales to the staging area.
· Take inventory of bales of fiber.
Non Essential Duties: (Considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge and responsibility)
· General housekeeping to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Perform other duties as directed by supervisor or plant management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Must be able to perform basic math.
· On the job training during normal work hours, with qualified person selected by the supervisor.
· Must successfully complete a lift truck operator’s safety course.
· LTO license required after training.
· Must complete cross training on blending processes.
· Must be able to pass a LTO eye exam administered by appropriate personnel.
· Must be able to sit for the majority of shift.
Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry loads of up to 25 pounds without assistance.
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, grasp and reach frequently.
Must be able to work in industrial environment with elevated noise levels, dust, dirt, humidity and temperature variations.
Must participate in pre-shift stretching exercises.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and associates.
· Must be able to work well under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines.
Must be able to comply with all plant policies.
Must be able to recognize various styles of product.
· Must be able to perform tasks quickly and safely.
Equipment and Tools:
· Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Hyster with Squeeze
· Banding Cutters
Safety & Security Requirements:
Always wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for a task.
Always be cautious of lift trucks traveling throughout the plants.
Immediately report any and all quality, safety, or mechanical issues to the supervisor on duty.
Hair must be worn above collar length.
Keep all loose articles away from machinery.
Practice general housekeeping and keep work areas clean.
Always use proper lifting techniques.
Report any injuries to your supervisor or nurse immediately.
Observe all plant policies including but not limited to cutting policy, speed limit policy, and tobacco use policy.
8 hour, night shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is more than a flooring company – we are 22,000 people united in our vision of creating a better future for our customers, for our people, for our community and for our company. We provide carpet, resilient, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf and other specialty items for residential and commercial markets worldwide. We meet diverse customer needs through an expansive portfolio of brands, including: Anderson Tuftex, COREtec, Patcraft, Philadelphia Commercial, Shaw Contract, Shaw Floors, Shaw Hospitality, Shaw Sports Turf, Southwest Greens, USFloors and more.
Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, Shaw is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway with nearly $6 billion in annual revenue and representation throughout the U.S., as well as in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Great Britain, India, Mexico, Scotland, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates. For more information about our company brands, operations and community involvement, visit www.shawinc.com.
If you need any additional assistance or accommodation or have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org