Shaw Industries Inc Plant 81 - Machine Shop Apprentice - 1st Shift in Dalton, Georgia
Plant 81 - Machine Shop Apprentice - 1st Shift
Apprenticeship Position -- Create, repair, replace, and/or modify parts andequipment used in manufacturing.
· Run (with minimal assistance if necessary) the following: lathe, mill, surface grinder, and metal saw, band, saw, drill presses. Read and understand measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, and steel tape
· Read and understand mechanical drawings with assistance
· Be able to distinguish the difference between types of metals used for jobs
· Interpret mechanical situations (with assistance) to determine the proper course of action and materials needed to complete the job
· Have or acquire (within a reasonable time frame) all tools requested by supervision
· Perform preventative maintenance as assigned
· Maintain a high degree of workmanship and efficiency
· Keep work area clean and free of hazards
· Know and adhere to all safety policies, rules, and regulations
· Adhere to normal schedule for starting and stopping unless otherwise directed by supervision
· Work seven days when required
· Perform all other related job duties and responsibilities assigned by supervision
· Perform general housekeeping as assigned
· Must be currently enrolled in a Machine Tool program at an accredited technical college
· Satisfactory completion of Machine Tool Safety class prior to starting internship
· Satisfactory academic progress must be maintained throughout the duration of internship.
· Full-time employment opportunity contingent upon graduation from accredited
· Technical College machine tool program and satisfactory completion of internship requirements at Shaw
Certifications / Licenses:
· Basic Machinist Certification required for fulfillment as M1
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts AM
Shaw Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we might determine the need to postpone in-person interviews to ensure the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and the community. In this case, we can accommodate with a phone or video interview, and will schedule an in-person interview for a later date. The method by which you interview does not impact your standing as a candidate for this position.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is more than a flooring company – we are 22,000 people united in our vision of creating a better future for our customers, for our people, for our community and for our company. We provide carpet, resilient, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf and other specialty items for residential and commercial markets worldwide. We meet diverse customer needs through an expansive portfolio of brands, including: Anderson Tuftex , COREtec , Patcraft , Philadelphia Commercial, Shaw Contract, Shaw Floors, Shaw Hospitality, Shaw Sports Turf, Southwest Greens, USFloors and more.
Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, Shaw is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway with nearly $6 billion in annual revenue and representation throughout the U.S., as well as in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Great Britain, India, Mexico, Scotland, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates. For more information about our company brands, operations and community involvement, visit www.shawinc.com .
If you need any additional assistance or accommodation or have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org