Shaw Industries Inc Reliability Tech D - 2nd Shift in Dalton, Georgia
Reliability Tech D - 2nd Shift
Reliability Technician D Job Description
To maintain and ensure capacity of equipment assets in assigned areas of responsibility that impact optimal efficiencies at the lowest reasonable cost.
Execution of assigned tasks and duties with focus on:
Safe work practices
High quality, precision work with a customer service orientation in support of “Great Products & Service”
Adherence to standards and best practice application acquired through training and work experience
Learn and grow in knowledge of maintenance practices and equipment performance, understanding their impact on manufacturing processes and business objectives
Provide feedback on job assignment needs and improvement opportunities with peers and leadership
POSITION DUTIES & TASKS:
Understands the basics of equipment operations to support familiarization of facility and operations equipment, including regular maintenance activities
Execute general maintenance “GM” activities at the facility level such as repair needs in office areas, bathrooms, building and grounds, etc.
Execute routine, defined inspections or setups such as those activities for:
● Safety & Environmental inspection and reporting
● Collection and recording of key operational data such as utility meter readings
● Repetitive parts changes, including those requiring precision measurement and part quality checks
- Support Reliability Techs C-A in:
● Job-site preparation and cleanup
● Collection, delivery, and return of parts and tools
● PIT Operation during work execution
● Confined Space & Hot Work Watch
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
● Safety practices - LOTO, Confined Space, PPE, PIT, Fall Protection, Hoisting & Rigging and Hot Work
● Calculator and Computer application – work order documentation, parts requisitioning
● Measurement units
● Basic math skills to include
o Conversion of measurement units
● Ability to read, interpret, and make simple sketches
● Basic understanding of tools and their proper uses
● Precision alignment techniques for indirect coupled elements
● Power transmission component types, terms, operation, and maintenance
● Novice troubleshooting of mechanical systems (Basic Troubleshooting of those components technician is assigned to.)
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts PM
Shaw Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we might determine the need to postpone in-person interviews to ensure the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and the community. In this case, we can accommodate with a phone or video interview, and will schedule an in-person interview for a later date. The method by which you interview does not impact your standing as a candidate for this position.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is more than a flooring company – we are 22,000 people united in our vision of creating a better future for our customers, for our people, for our community and for our company. We provide carpet, resilient, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf and other specialty items for residential and commercial markets worldwide. We meet diverse customer needs through an expansive portfolio of brands, including: Anderson Tuftex , COREtec , Patcraft , Philadelphia Commercial, Shaw Contract, Shaw Floors, Shaw Hospitality, Shaw Sports Turf, Southwest Greens, USFloors and more.
Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, Shaw is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway with nearly $6 billion in annual revenue and representation throughout the U.S., as well as in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Great Britain, India, Mexico, Scotland, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates. For more information about our company brands, operations and community involvement, visit www.shawinc.com .
If you need any additional assistance or accommodation or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com