Shaw Industries Inc HR Trainer- 3rd Shift in Port Wentworh, Georgia
HR Trainer- 3rd Shift
▪ Train all new associates on plant and company procedures and policies
▪ Train new hires on job functions
▪ Develop, adapt modify and revise training documents as the need arises
▪ Maintain effective filing system for training and orientation conducted on all associates that meets the standards for records retention
▪ Act as liaison between facility management, shift supervisors, associates and human resources to ensure the continuous application of proper training
▪ Assist in providing associates a smooth transition from training to work performance by being
available to answer questions and provide guidance
▪ Attend and/or conduct periodic departmental and plant meetings as well as required training that will foster continued job improvement
▪ Work with plant management as well as hourly associates to develop and maintain a work environment that supports continuous improvement with regard to safety, quality, production and housekeeping
▪ Maintain confidentiality
▪ Complete safety compliance tasks as required
▪ Must be able to work off shifts
▪ Must be able to travel as needed (10%)
▪ Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
▪ Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
▪ Must be knowledgeable about and have ability to train skills on all jobs in facilities
▪ Must be able to work flexible hours as training needs demand
▪ Must have a GED or High School Diploma
▪ Must be able to present training material in a clear and engaging manner
▪ The ability to translate documents for written or verbal training purposes will be considered a plus
▪ Previous training experience is preferred
▪ Previous experience in manufacturing or distribution environments preferred
● Communicate Effectively
● Adapt and Change
● Initiate Action
8 hour, night shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we might determine the need to postpone in-person interviews to ensure the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and the community. In this case, we can accommodate with a phone or video interview, and will schedule an in-person interview for a later date. The method by which you interview does not impact your standing as a candidate for this position.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is more than a flooring company – we are 22,000 people united in our vision of creating a better future for our customers, for our people, for our community and for our company. We provide carpet, resilient, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf and other specialty items for residential and commercial markets worldwide. We meet diverse customer needs through an expansive portfolio of brands, including: Anderson Tuftex, COREtec, Patcraft, Philadelphia Commercial, Shaw Contract, Shaw Floors, Shaw Hospitality, Shaw Sports Turf, Southwest Greens, USFloors and more.
Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, Shaw is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway with nearly $6 billion in annual revenue and representation throughout the U.S., as well as in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Great Britain, India, Mexico, Scotland, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates. For more information about our company brands, operations and community involvement, visit www.shawinc.com.
If you need any additional assistance or accommodation or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com