Shaw Industries Inc Warehouse Supervisor | 2nd Shift in Rincon, Georgia
Warehouse Supervisor | 2nd Shift
Supervise the daily functions of receiving, processing, shipping, storing, inventory and delivery of floor covering and related materials, and the employees involved in these processes. Port Wentworth 2nd shift.
· Responsible for the success of the assigned shift in regards to safety, production, quality, and associate engagement
· Must build trusting relationships with associates and co workers
· Conduct coaching sessions with associates regarding safety, quality, productivity, and policy requirements
· Continually train, develop, and coach associates
· Motivate employees to achieve facility goals and to strive for continuous improvement
· Ensure proper procedures are followed based on job requirements
· Provide assistance to fellow management team in decision making
· Become knowledgeable of all warehouse positions and possess the ability to assist, fill in and/or train associates as needed
· Perform other duties as assigned by Department Manager and Superintendent
High School Diploma/GED and 2+ years of previous Lead or Supervisory experience or 4 year degree and 1+ year of Lead or Supervisory experience.
· 2+ years previous Distribution experience preferred
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Adequate computer skills including but not limited to MS Office/Google and other software programs
· Must be self-motivated and results oriented
· Must be able to work 11:00 PM- 7:00 AM and other scheduled hours
Preferred: Background in DOT Compliance issues preferred
· Demonstrates Customer Orientation
· Building Trusting Relationships
· Delegate Authority
· Plan and Organize
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts PM
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we might determine the need to postpone in-person interviews to ensure the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and the community. In this case, we can accommodate with a phone or video interview, and will schedule an in-person interview for a later date. The method by which you interview does not impact your standing as a candidate for this position.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is more than a flooring company – we are 22,000 people united in our vision of creating a better future for our customers, for our people, for our community and for our company. We provide carpet, resilient, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf and other specialty items for residential and commercial markets worldwide. We meet diverse customer needs through an expansive portfolio of brands, including: Anderson Tuftex , COREtec , Patcraft , Philadelphia Commercial, Shaw Contract, Shaw Floors, Shaw Hospitality, Shaw Sports Turf, Southwest Greens, USFloors and more.
Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, Shaw is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway with nearly $6 billion in annual revenue and representation throughout the U.S., as well as in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Great Britain, India, Mexico, Scotland, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates. For more information about our company brands, operations and community involvement, visit www.shawinc.com .
If you need any additional assistance or accommodation or have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org