Shaw Industries Inc Warehouse Supervisor | QM | 3rd shift in Savannah, Georgia
Warehouse Supervisor | QM | 3rd shift
Supervise the daily functions of receiving, processing, shipping, storing, inventory and delivery of floor covering and related materials, and the employees involved in these processes.
· Responsible for the success of the assigned shift in regards to safety, production, quality, and associate engagement
· Must build trusting relationships with associates and co workers
· Conduct coaching sessions with associates regarding safety, quality, productivity, and policy requirements
· Continually train, develop, and coach associates
· Motivate employees to achieve facility goals and to strive for continuous improvement
· Ensure proper procedures are followed based on job requirements
· Provide assistance to fellow management team in decision making
· Become knowledgeable of all warehouse positions and possess the ability to assist, fill in and/or train associates as needed
· Perform other duties as assigned by Department Manager and Superintendent
High School Diploma/GED and 2+ years of previous Lead or Supervisory experience or 4 year degree and 1+ year of Lead or Supervisory experience.
· 2+ years previous Distribution experience preferred
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Adequate computer skills including but not limited to MS Office/Google and other software programs
· Must be self-motivated and results oriented
· Must be able to work 11:00 PM- 7:00 AM and other scheduled hours
Preferred: Background in DOT Compliance issues preferred
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to out-punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts PM
Shaw Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.